This project was one I enjoyed a lot doing because its about music, and everyone loves music. Music is magical. It has the power to change our mood and feelings instantly. We enjoy music and engage with it even more the it matches our tastes.
Pandora is a streaming and automated music recommendation service powered by the Music Genome Project. It is a personalized radio that plays what you love an continuously evolves with your tastes. The Music Genome project is an effort to "capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level" using over 450 attributes to describe songs and a complex mathematical algorithm to organize them.
- Older target audience
- Most of millennials prefer other music streaming services
- People don’t really understand how pandora works and how it stands out from the competition
- Pandora must highlight its unique traits to separate from the competition
These two traits that the competition lack are huge. They support each other which makes them even better to have. Just think about the time and effort you put into doing a playlist. Imagine the app did that for you...
- Target Millennials, make content for them. Get their “genes” shaky (they want new and unknown, they will get that with pandora).
- Explain Pandoras essence ( Music Genome Project) creatively. People will start changing to Pandora once they really know how it works.
Either you want to escape from the moment or own it by releasing what you feel, pandora will be there to help you with both.